[arch-general] nvidia 295.59-1 dmesg output

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:05:00 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Don deJuan <donjuansjiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe you are using GRUB2 with the GFX options this link talks about:
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/**index.php/GRUB2#Setting_the_**
>> framebuffer_resolution<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB2#Setting_the_framebuffer_resolution>
>>
>> That probably has a similar effect to the "vga=" option in the command
>> line. Removing them, or adding "vga=0" (or both, to be extra safe) should
>> do.
>>
>>  I am on grub2. Makes total sense now, for some reason I was not putting
> the GFX options together with the VGA.
>
> Does that mean gfxmode should also =0 ? Instead of auto or a specific
> resolution?

GRUB2 documentation is notably difficult to read, but from
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Simple-configuration.html#Simple-configuration
guess that the relevant option to disable this feature is to use
"GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text"
instead of "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep".

--
Rodrigo