[arch-general] nvidia 295.59-1 dmesg output

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:25:07 EDT 2012

On 06/18/2012 12:05 PM, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Don deJuan <donjuansjiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe you are using GRUB2 with the GFX options this link talks about:
>>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/**index.php/GRUB2#Setting_the_**
>>> framebuffer_resolution<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB2#Setting_the_framebuffer_resolution>
>>>
>>> That probably has a similar effect to the "vga=" option in the command
>>> line. Removing them, or adding "vga=0" (or both, to be extra safe) should
>>> do.
>>>
>>>   I am on grub2. Makes total sense now, for some reason I was not putting
>> the GFX options together with the VGA.
>>
>> Does that mean gfxmode should also =0 ? Instead of auto or a specific
>> resolution?
>>

> GRUB2 documentation is notably difficult to read, but from
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Simple-configuration.html#Simple-configuration
> guess that the relevant option to disable this feature is to use
> "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text"
> instead of "GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=keep".

Thanks again for your input and time to find those links to share. The
last with text was ticket for me. No need for vga=0 with that.

The only downfall though with having to do this is if I go to a
different TTY the text is massive, I get why it is just sucks, I liked
having normal size text when on the terminal.

Again thank you, hopefully Nvidia will get this sorted out soon and can