[arch-general] Arch as a web server

Alper Kanat tunix at raptiye.org
Tue Jun 19 08:22:41 EDT 2012

Hey There,

As a Turkish digital social agency and a startup, we have recently
converted all our physical production servers to seperate Arch Linux VM's.
That not just saved us a lot money but also gave us the flexibility of a
primitive cloud. Being cutting edge led us to always support the upstream
and we experience no problems at all. IMHO it's hard to create and maintain
deb packages. Most common pattern is to find another project's deb files
and change accordingly. In Arch, you mostly have a single PKGBUILD file
which is super easy to create and modify. This saves lots of worktime when
we need a dependency which is not packaged. And contributing the distro
(via AUR) is a plus. :)

---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?