[arch-general] tmp files no longer removed

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:05:38 EDT 2012

Hello,
before submitting bug report I want to make sure this isn't feature.
My problem is that my /tmp folder is no longer cleaned up during boot.
Now I have to do that manually which is really annoying.

I dug through the git of initscripts and it seems to be caused by the
replacement of the original code by the systemd-tmpfiles tool. I've
just tried to run systemd-tmpfiles manually and it seems that it is
not able to do even a simple task such as rm -rf /tmp/*.

Lukas