[arch-general] Help with gnupg saving password for given time

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:45:26 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I'm running KmyMoney and saving the file with GPG encryption. In order
to open this file I need to enter my password in the pin entry window
that comes up. This all works fine.

The issue that I'm having is that in the past (previous installation of
Arch and Aptosid) I was able to close KmyMoney and open it back up
within a certain amount of time without having to re-enter the password.
After this time expired, I had to re-enter the password.

This no longer seems to work for me. I have to enter my password every
time I open KmyMoney. According to my notes that I have on this, what I
need to do is to create a file in .gnupg called gpg-agent.conf with the
following entries:

pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 3600

And enter "use-agent" in the file .gnupg/gpg.conf.

I'm using Openbox as my windows manager in case it matters.

Could someone offer any suggestions on why this no longer works? My
guess is that I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Randy