[arch-general] locale variables

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 24 10:47:55 EDT 2012

My Arch is in English, but the keyboard is a German Qwertz one. IIRC
everything was set up during the installation. The only drawback for
Arch and some other distros I experienced is, that for the numeric
keypad the "," vs ".". I've got an old Suse installed in English with a
German Qwertz keyboard and it's the only distro, where I don't have to
edit "," vs "." manually. Btw. I'm to lazy to edit it for Arch and other
distros, but somewhere is a place where the key mapping can be edited.
I've forgotten what file does provide the key mapping. It becomes
annoying, when using a calculator, but I'm an idiot, hence I always need
a calculator and have some "stand alone" scientific calculator at hand.