[arch-general] Help with pm-suspend

Marius T. mus.svz at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 30 06:16:00 EDT 2012

Am 30.06.2012 06:28, schrieb Randy:
> Hello All,
>

> I'm seeing a strange issue when I suspend my system. If I suspend
> using either the command:
>
> "dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower"
> /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend"
>
> or running "pm-suspend" as root, the system will shutdown and go into
> suspend mode like it should.
>
> But if I execute either of these commands again, it doesn't suspend.
> What I found is that after suspending the first time I can see that
> "/usr/sbin/pm-suspend" is still active. After killing this process I
> am then able to suspend again.
>
> Any ideas on what's going on here? Why would the suspend process still
> be running after resuming from suspend?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy
hi,

do you have any custom hooks in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ ?
I had a similiar problem once when I created a custom hook and didn't
fork the process I was starting inside the hook, so pm-suspend would
wait forever for the hook to exit.
/var/log/pm-suspend.log should be able to show you at what hook it is
hanging.