[arch-general] Help with pm-suspend

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 10:01:45 EDT 2012

On 06/30/2012 06:16 AM, Marius T. wrote:
> Am 30.06.2012 06:28, schrieb Randy:
>> Hello All,
>>

>> I'm seeing a strange issue when I suspend my system. If I suspend
>> using either the command:
>>
>> "dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower"
>> /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend"
>>
>> or running "pm-suspend" as root, the system will shutdown and go into
>> suspend mode like it should.
>>
>> But if I execute either of these commands again, it doesn't suspend.
>> What I found is that after suspending the first time I can see that
>> "/usr/sbin/pm-suspend" is still active. After killing this process I
>> am then able to suspend again.
>>
>> Any ideas on what's going on here? Why would the suspend process
>> still be running after resuming from suspend?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Randy
> hi,
>
> do you have any custom hooks in /etc/pm/sleep.d/ ?
> I had a similiar problem once when I created a custom hook and didn't
> fork the process I was starting inside the hook, so pm-suspend would
> wait forever for the hook to exit.
> /var/log/pm-suspend.log should be able to show you at what hook it is
> hanging.

The only thing that I have in sleep.d is 90alsa, but I didn't place this
file there. It must have been done when a package was installed. If I rm
this file, then it works ok.

Do you think that it's ok to not have this file there? I'll have to
check if removing it prevents my sound from working after a resume.