[arch-general] Help with pm-suspend

Marius T. mus.svz at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 30 11:11:44 EDT 2012

Am 30.06.2012 16:01, schrieb Randy:

> The only thing that I have in sleep.d is 90alsa, but I didn't place
> this file there. It must have been done when a package was installed.
> If I rm this file, then it works ok.
>
> Do you think that it's ok to not have this file there? I'll have to
> check if removing it prevents my sound from working after a resume.

this file is part of alsa-utils and as far as I understand this was
added as a workaround for some buggy application behaviour:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17239

I'm not sure what the hook actually does, but it doesn't seem to be
neccessary - at least on my systems (I use systemd to suspend, so these
hooks are not even run on my systems).

Anyway, if this hook indeed causes the problem I think you should file a
bug report. Maybe whatever this hook fixes has been fixed upstream and
it isn't even needed anymore...