[arch-general] Gringotts, alternatives?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Mar 2 05:17:32 EST 2012

Gringotts has stopped working with a not completely uncommon error:

    ***MEMORY-ERROR***: [10817]: GSlice: failed to allocate 1008 bytes
(alignment: 1024): Cannot allocate memory

Given the time since the last release I'd be surprised if it's fixed
any time soon.  Also, I've never been extremely impressed with it so
maybe this is a good time to look for an alternative.  This means I
now have two problems to solve, and any help on either would be
appreciated:

1. How do I get the data out of the gringotts vault?  Is there any
other application that can read it and help me pull everything out?
(I suppose I can always move the vault over to a Ubuntu box and
extract it there, but I'd rather avoid that if possible ;-)
2. What alternatives to gringotts exist?  What do other ArchLinux
users keep their secret notes save?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org