[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Mar 2 12:22:40 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:12, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson at hughes.net> wrote:
>> First off, sorry for causing so much noise. That was not my intent.

Don't think you caused any :-)

>> my box -> HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata filesystems usb
>> usbinput fsck numlock"
>>
>> new box ->HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata filesystems usb
>> usbinput fsck"
>>
>> Modules in my rc.conf -> MODULES=(e1000 vboxdrv)
>>
>> Module in new box rc.conf -> MODULES=()
>>
>> cp: warning: source file
>> `/lib/modules/3.2.9-1-ARCH/kernel/fs/ext4/ext4.ko.gz' specified more
>> than once

[...]

> Thanks Tom. I sent my other reply before you last post. Consider this solved!

Assuming you have ext[234] in your MODULES array in mkinitcpio.conf,
then yes, that's the reason :-) (you pasted your MODULES array from
rc.conf above, which is not involved in mkinitcpio). If, on the other
hand, you don't have any fs modules in mkinitcpio.conf, then please
file a bug against mkinitcpio.

Cheers,

Tom