[arch-general] mkinitcpio

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Mar 2 12:54:15 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:32, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 02.03.2012 18:22, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
>> Assuming you have ext[234] in your MODULES array in mkinitcpio.conf,
>> then yes, that's the reason :-) (you pasted your MODULES array from
>> rc.conf above, which is not involved in mkinitcpio). If, on the other
>> hand, you don't have any fs modules in mkinitcpio.conf, then please
>> file a bug against mkinitcpio.
>
> This is a bug regardless. Warnings that have no meaning should be
> avoided if they are avoidable. This one is. Let's annoy Dave about it.

I know. Give a girl a break. I'm not awake yet. The sun doesn't come
up till noon.

modules from old mkinitcpio.conf
MODULES="pata_atiixp ahci libahci ehci-hcd ohci-hcd ext2 ext4 vfat"

modules from mikintcpio.conf now
MODULES="pata_atiixp ahci libahci ehci-hcd ohci-hcd ext4 vfat"

I ran

sudo /sbin/mkinitcpio -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
-g /boot/initramfs-linux.img

and had no warnings. But if we can bug Dave anyway. I'll file a bug report.

Myra