[arch-general] command line utility questions

Jesse Juhani Jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:20:34 EST 2012

lauantai, 3. maaliskuuta 2012 04:46:01 Jude DaShiell kirjoitti:
> What does arch linux use for burning cd's and dvd's?  It's not cdrecord or
> wodim I checked for those two and found nothing, unless I need to add a
> repository to my searching.
What ever you want. The only programm Arch forces you to use is Pacman.
Also see pkgfile command of pkgtools package :D it han hel you search non-
found executables. It also integrates into Bash and Zsh to provide with ubuntu
style "Command alfabeta not found. Install package alfabeta-v5 to use it."
messages.

> Also what does arch linux use for a
> spreadsheet for command line users?
Like sais alredy, only default is pacman. So youse whatever you see fits best
your needs

> Finally, what would a pacman search
> designed to find all spreadsheet programs in arch linux look like?

pacman -Ss search_term
But we also have [1]AUR you should check too.

[1]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR