[arch-general] fakeroot package() -> mkdir: cannot create directory : Permission denied

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:01:01 EST 2012

On 03/03/2012 04:39 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> make INSTALL_ROOT=$pkdir install

Allan, Jesse,

  Thank you for your quick response!  I've tried the fix, but I'm still getting
the exact same error:

==> Packaging - tde-tqca-tls
mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/tqt3/plugins/crypto/': Permission denied
make: *** [install_target] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().

  I updated the PKGBUILD with your suggestion:

package() {
  msg "Packaging - $pkgname"
  cd ${srcdir}/${pkgname#*-}
#   make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install
  make INSTALL_ROOT=$pkdir install

}

  Is there something else I can try like patching the 'configure' file that
would help? This build is in a chroot -- I don't know if that makes a difference
in the way makepkg behaves? The configure file is here:
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/trinity/arch/err/configure-tqca-tls.txt

  Any other thoughts on the issue are always appreciated. I'll try building
another package that builds and installs fine in the chroot and see what it has
in the Makefile. Weird issue :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.