[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Cleaning up orphaned packages

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Mar 5 10:40:25 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 01:01:03AM +0100, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am 24.02.2012 17:06, schrieb Lukas Fleischer:
> > Apart from that, +1 to this idea. I already checked the list of unneeded
> > orphans and there's >20 packages I'd like to maintain if they aren't
> > picked up in [extra]...
>
> Send me a list of these packages. But ensure they are still orphan and
> are not a dep or makedep of any package in core/extra.

Well, there's only a few packages left (others have already been moved
or are required by another [core]/[extra] package):

* bluez-firmware
* cmus
* evilwm
* fortune-mod
* id3v2
* jhead
* libofx
* libofx-doc
* lirc
* lzo
* msmtp
* ncftp
* pdksh
* perl-timedate
* pidgin-encryption

Note that fortune-mod is an optdep of xfce4-session and id3v2 is an
optdep of gtkpod (I can also maintain gtkpod if no one else wants to but
I don't use it, so this might not be in the sense of this cleanup).

I'm not sure about lirc either, I'd prefer if someone could adopt both
lirc and lirc-utils and maintain them in [extra] (lirc-utils is required
by a bunch of [extra] packages).