[arch-general] qt applications over ssh tunnel: very slow redrawing

Victor Silva vfbsilva at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:20:41 EST 2012

Maybe -C option can help:
 -C      Requests compression of all data (including stdin, stdout,
             stderr, and data for forwarded X11 and TCP connections).  The
             compression algorithm is the same used by gzip(1), and the
             “level” can be controlled by the CompressionLevel option for
pro‐
             tocol version 1.  Compression is desirable on modem lines and
             other slow connections, but will only slow down things on fast
             networks.  The default value can be set on a host-by-host basis
             in the configuration files; see the Compression option.