[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Cleaning up orphaned packages

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Mon Mar 5 15:23:48 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 05:49:57PM +0100, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Lukas Fleischer
> <archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> > * bluez-firmware
>
> I take this one.

Thanks!

> > * lzo
>
> If nothing is depending on this, it might simply mean that all users
> have moved to lzo2 and that lzo can be dropped.

partimage (which is in [community]) still depends on it. Not sure if it
can be easily patched to use lzo2.

> > I'm not sure about lirc either, I'd prefer if someone could adopt both
> > lirc and lirc-utils and maintain them in [extra] (lirc-utils is required
> > by a bunch of [extra] packages).
>
> In particular:
>
> kradio
> mplayer
> mythtv
> rhythmbox
> rosegarden
> xawtv
> xine-ui
>
> Maybe worth investigating if it can be made an opt-depend, like it is
> for some packages:
>
> pulseaudio (optional)
> totem (optional)
> vlc (optional)

It's not that easy, I tested this before:

    $ readelf -d $(which mplayer) | grep lirc
     0x0000000000000001 (NEEDED)             Shared library: [liblirc_client.so.0]
    $ pacman -Rdd --noconfirm lirc-utils >/dev/null
    $ mplayer
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0: