[arch-general] Shisen-Sho very slow

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Mon Mar 5 23:01:19 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 16:30, pete <p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just  been trying to play Shisen-Sho  and it is so slow it is
> unplayable   has anyone else noticed this   running  KDE 4.8.0
>
> Pete .
>

> --
> Linux 7-of-9 3.2.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 27 21:51:46 CET 2012
> x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

I've been experiencing the same problems for sometime and I have the
play sound unchecked. I tried to do some debugging and most of the
problems I found were reported as external memory leaks in the qt
widgets. There is an email in the archgeneral archives from me about
debugging KDE apps that has some of the messages I found. I've since
done a complete re-install and don't have any of my records.

I also have problems when selecting a tile. Kshisen either acts like
it won't select the tile, selects the first tile and won't select the
matching tile, or selects both then hangs. It eventually finishes the
move. I installed qtcreator, did a debug build, and the performance
was slightly better. Doing the build in qtcreator then debugging it
provides some interesting insight to the way kde works.

I'm running the testing repos with all stock packages on the following hardware.
Linux gandalf 3.2.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 1 09:31:13 CET 2012
x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor AuthenticAMD
GNU/Linux 8GB memory
kdegames-kshisen 4.8.0-1

Myra