[arch-general] Package signing: database signatures?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 10 11:12:05 EST 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:42:15 +0100
Florian Pritz wrote:

> You should read pacman.conf(5) "PACKAGE AND DATABASE SIGNATURE CHECKING"
> and use "Optional PackageRequired"

Quick question and I'm guessing the answer will be just to wait and
that's fine.

There are just a few packages preventing me from using Required in
pacman.conf.

Like scribes and xcb-proto (the testing version is signed so I guess
that will migrate).

Just wondering if there is any pacman.conf magic that will tie a
signature checking setting to a particaulr package name?

p.s.

I don't know what people use apart from just updating regularly but I've
just written a script to look up packages installed with exploits
(cves) and also curently in the three main repos for arch. I haven't the
time at the mo to make it less crude and generic/ready/fancy for the
general public, but if anyone's interested let me know.

This is what I found recently.

bugzilla-4.2
flyspray-0.9.9.6
phpldapadmin-1.2.2