[arch-general] grub2 efi image files

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:40:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

I could swear that some time back some version of archboot media
gave me the choice to select grub2-efi-32-bit.

Was this dropped?

I've been trying to install arch only (single boot) on a EFI-32 mac.
Due to not being able to convinve (bless) rEFIt without having OS X
installed to not come up with a delay of >= 20seconds, I wanted to
use EFI.

The mac has onboard intel i915 graphics which I know to work
out of the box. Would this give me any issues like the nvidia guys
with using EFI?

What is the exact issue I have to be careful about to not brick the
firmware with EFI? I know I shouldn't use efitbootmgr on mac efi.
What else is dangerous?

Thanks,

Carsten