[arch-general] A little script to deploy dot files

郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) techlivezheng at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:37:33 EDT 2012

2012/3/12 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) <techlivezheng at gmail.com>:
> [Inspired by tomd123 at bbs.archlinux.org](https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=134622),
> I have wrote a small script to deploy the dotfiles acrossing viarous
> hosts, may be you guys are interested to have a look.
>
> Github: https://github.com/techlivezheng/dotploy
>
> Thoughts and advices are very welcome, cause my bash skills are still
> need much improving, there must be some ugly workaround.
>
> Regards,
> Techlive Zheng

Now it is support deploy dot files based on $HOSTNAME and $USER. If a
dotfile under a specfic $HOSTNAME and $USER location existed, it will
be used. Otherwise, the dot file with same name under $HOSTNAME
directory will be used. Otherwise, under $USER directory in common
directory. At last, if above all failed, the dot file in common
directory will be used.

This way, we can keep our dot files across several hosts of different
user maintained in a central repo using git or dropbox.Then we can
deploy or change it everywhere.