[arch-general] wodim unuseable

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 19 06:54:20 EDT 2012

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net> wrote:

> Track01 on dvd's always comes up with unknown length when trying to burn a
> dvd with wodim.  That's out of two different containers of dvd's too.
> These dvd's are single-sided so no danger of blue ray being used here.
> Fortunately I can do the burn with another system.

Cdrecord introduced DVD support in February/March 1998, so there is 14 years of
verified DVD support in cdrecord.

wodim started with the cdrecord version from September 2004, removed the DVD
support code and replaced it with something half baken. Since May 6th 2007,
there was no development activity on "wodim" besides from typo-corrections.

I recommend to use the actively maintained original cdrtools instead of the
dead "fork".

Jörg