[arch-general] ../libtool: line 2083: ark_part.cpp: command not found?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:06:32 EDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 11:20 AM, Jan de Groot wrote:
> On ma, 2012-03-19 at 10:42 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
>
>>    Anybody familiar with libtool know if this is a libtool problem or if this is
>> a problem with the tdeutil code? If it is libtool, any work-arounds?
>>

> Either you're missing a command, or more likely, the fork of libtool
> included in the source differs from the libtool version on your system.
> Running "libtoolize --force", followed by all the autofoo afterwards,
> would solve your problem I guess.

Jan,

   You are correct. The whole problem is that the libtool 2.4.2-4 in Arch
includes parsing functions like to_tool_file_cmd that are not used in the
trinity libtool version. The strange part is that libtool and autoreconf fail
to recognize this even with --force and include the parsing functions in the
file setup. This fails when those variables are not initialized. It almost
seems like a bug that autoXYZ wouldn't catch the fact that it is using
uninitialized variables.

   Do you know any way to just tell libtool or autoXYZ to just turn the
toolchain parsing stuff off?  I know nothing about the libtool/auto... world
except it works when it works. I'll keep looking to see if I can find this
being handled anywhere else, but if you, or anyone, have any idea how to work
around this issue, I would welcome your thoughts.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.