[arch-general] wodim unuseable

gt static.vortex at gmx.com
Tue Mar 20 10:30:16 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 01:01:35PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> gt <static.vortex at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, i just removed dvd+rw-tools, and k3b whines about not finding
> > growisofs in the PATH. What should i do?
>
> If you install cdrtools, this message should disappear.

I do have cdrtools installed, and k3b does detect cdrecord, mkisofs,
readcd etc.

But still k3b says this on startup:

Unable to find growisofs executable
K3b uses growisofs to actually write DVDs. Without growisofs you will
not be able to write DVDs. Make sure to install at least version 5.10.
Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.

Unable to find dvd+rw-format executable
K3b uses dvd+rw-format to format DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs.
Solution: Install the dvd+rw-tools package.

PS: I have been using cdrtools instead of cdrkit since many years ;)