[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Cleaning up orphaned packages

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:28:25 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Lukas Fleischer <archlinux at cryptocrack.de
> > wrote:

>> unneeded

>> > Well, there's only a few packages left (others have already been moved
>> > or are required by another [core]/[extra] package):
>> >
>> > * bluez-firmware
>> > * cmus
>> > * evilwm
>> > * fortune-mod
>> > * id3v2
>> > * jhead
>> > * libofx
>> > * libofx-doc
>> > * lirc
>> > * lzo
>> > * msmtp
>> > * ncftp
>> > * pdksh
>> > * perl-timedate
>> > * pidgin-encryption
>>
>> Status? Only bluez-firmware has been adopted yet.
>>

>> > Note that fortune-mod is an optdep of xfce4-session and id3v2 is an
>> > optdep of gtkpod (I can also maintain gtkpod if no one else wants to but
>> > I don't use it, so this might not be in the sense of this cleanup).
>> >
>> > I'm not sure about lirc either, I'd prefer if someone could adopt both
>> > lirc and lirc-utils and maintain them in [extra] (lirc-utils is required
>> > by a bunch of [extra] packages).

> Ooh I'll take vsftpd if that's available. I use it all the time. --Kaiting.
>
> --
> Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Oh never mind that's taken, I could take bzr, proftpd, openbabel, and vim.
Out of these avogadro which is in [extra] depends on openbabel.
Surprisingly the only non-vim package that depends on vim is archboot and
that is in [extra]. Which means that the entirety of the vim ecosystem in
Arch could potentially be moved to [community] (except for archboot).
--Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/