[arch-general] Anyone willing to share experiences running Arch on a current-gen MacBook Pro?

andrea crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:36:12 EDT 2012

I had two macbook pro (one unibody and a previous one) and I finally got
rid of it last year to buy a dell latitude.

I could not be more happy, and I don't really understand in what sense
macbooks are so good.

- the pro machine has a crappy glossy monitor by default
- it gets too hot (mine definitively did)
- optical drive fails all the time
- it's a lot more painful than other machines to get Linux running correctly
- the warranty is ridicolous, 1 year instead of my 3 by default

so well I really don't get it ;)