[arch-general] Note on Trinity R14 (3.5.14)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Mar 24 01:07:38 EDT 2012

Guys,

  There will be an upcoming release of TDE 3.5.14 in the next few months and I
have worked to update the build system for Arch. All packages below are building
on current libraries. The only AUR base package utilized is HAL. I will update
the wiki with current information after the remaining PKGBUILD development is
complete. Many bugs have been fixed and enhancements added. The desktop is
significantly faster than 3.5.10, 3.5.12 or 3.5.13 without any additional bloat.
See trinitydesktop.org for the latest info. If you have any interest in
contributing, please feel free to join Calvin, Pawell, Baho and I on the
project. The current list of packages building is:

tde-abakus
tde-arts
tde-dbus-1-tqt
tde-dbus-tqt
tde-dolphin
tde-gtk-qt-engine
tde-kgtk-qt3
tde-kio-locate
tde-kipi-plugins
tde-kpowersave
tde-libart-lgpl
tde-libcaldav
tde-libcarddav
tde-libkdcraw
tde-libkexiv2
tde-libkipi
tde-libksquirrel
tde-python-tqt
tde-rosegarden
tde-sip                (replaces sip)
tde-sip4-tqt           (replaces python2-sip)
tde-tde-style-qtcurve
tde-tdeaddons
tde-tdeartwork
tde-tdebase            (with upower)
tde-tdegames
tde-tdegraphics
tde-tdelibs
tde-tdemultimedia
tde-tdenetwork
tde-tdepim
tde-tdesvn
tde-tdetoys
tde-tdeutils
tde-tdevelop
tde-tdewebdev
tde-tqca-tls
tde-tqt3
tde-tqtinterface
tde-wlassistant

  That is a majority of the desktop and it is truly a joy to use. Currently I
have a development build script for building. Once R14 is released, I will
revise it to build from traditional pkgbuild.src.tz files and make that
available for anyone interested. I don't know if kaiting still has server space,
but I have binary packages for both i686 and x86_64 that I can make available
for testing.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.