[arch-general] aria2c left a mess on system

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Mar 25 08:57:48 EDT 2012

I've now cleared it off, but what had happened was a download of an iso
with a torrent file and afterwards the iso had a unique inode it couldn't
be checked with md5sum because md5sum claimed it didn't exist.  I didn't
even try it with the asc file since md5sum didn't work.  Also the file
command couldn't find the iso file either.  This was the case for both
root and a user doing the checks and the file permissions were set to 640
for both the root and user accounts yet neither could check the file.
I've had situations with aria2c where it has crashed and died with
exceptions on this machine in the past too.  After all of that
aggravation, I cleared the whole mess off my system and am about to deep
six aria2c for good measure.  The original bittorrent is no better and in
many ways worse so if I do anything with that type of download again I'll
either have to find me a 3rd linux alternative that can run from the
command line or just use free download manager on windows to get it done.