[arch-general] makepkg/PKGBUILD - handle same files provided by 2 non-dependent packages?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:55:31 EDT 2012

On 03/25/2012 06:29 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> I think rather than split packaging, we just drop the .protocol files from
> tdesdk and make tdesvn a dependency of tdesdk. The tdesvn package is only 1.8M
> so it's not a lot of overhead for someone who wants just tdesdk and not tdesvn.
> Otherwise, I think it is hack the code time and patch tdesdk to put its protocol
> files in a new location.

Baho,

  For the moment, that is what I've done, I just have tdesvn provide the
.protocol files and list it as a dependency of tdesdk. You can grab all of the
current PKGBUILD.tar.gz files I have currently at:

(all in one tarball)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/tde/src/tde-pkgbuild-src.tar.gz

  NOTE: read the following for setup and building

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/tde/src/README-building.txt

- --
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.