[arch-general] libgl conflict with ati-dri, intel-dri, mach64-dri, ...

Karol Błażewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:01:40 EDT 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 01:35:57 +0200, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
>   On update today of an i686 box, I get the following unresolved error
> with
> pacman -Syu:
>
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: ati-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: intel-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: mach64-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: mga-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: r128-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: savage-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: sis-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
> :: tdfx-dri: requires libgl=7.11.2
>
>   Is this just a timing issue with the dri files?

Please do at least some research yourself before firing an e-mail to the
list, e.g. https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/28938 should have given you a
clue on what's going on: some of these *-dri drivers have been dropped,
they're not in the repos anymore and they don't work with the current
libgl 8.0.2-1.

If you do need ati-dri or intel-dri, you can still use them with the
current libgl.