[arch-general] libgl conflict with ati-dri, intel-dri, mach64-dri, ...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:08:19 EDT 2012

On 03/26/2012 07:01 AM, Karol Błażewicz wrote:
> Please do at least some research yourself before firing an e-mail to the list,
> e.g. https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/28938 should have given you a clue on
> what's going on: some of these *-dri drivers have been dropped, they're not in
> the repos anymore and they don't work with the current libgl 8.0.2-1.
>
> If you do need ati-dri or intel-dri, you can still use them with the current libgl.

Karol,

  I checked www.archlinux.com and I checked packages. Usually it is just a
timing issue when these things pop up - thus my question "is it just a timing
issue?" There are times when any user can miss something in a bug report, etc..
Please don't take that as an open invitation to berate them openly. That is a
large part of the reason the Arch list has a negative reputation for being open
to users asking for help.

  There is a fine line between being helpful and being sarcastic. A simple see:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/28938 would have sufficed.

  I appreciate your help, but I won't, nor should anyone else, tolerate abusive
behavior on this list.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.