[arch-general] Complete virtualbox crash starting Archlinux guest after kernel + xorg updates

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:04:59 EDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 05:51:39PM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>   After updates today (kernel 3.2.13 and xorg updates) and
> rebuilding vboxdrv, virtualbox crashed at the grub screen booting an
> archlinux guest with the message it was a fatal crash and that logs
> had been prepare and the .png of the screen at the time had also
> been saved in the VM directory. This is the first time I've seen a
> crash of this type. Anybody else experience this?

Hi

virtualbox kept complaining it would not be able to boot my 64 bit machine,
since it disacknowledged my processor's AMD-VT capability. The kernel kept
panicking just past the grub screen and good bye.
After twice modifying my bios setting (which was correct) I tried flashing a
new bios ROM which surprisingly helped.

Would you share your pngs with us?

cheers
mar77i