[arch-general] Grub2

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:30:59 EDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 12:00 AM, Kirill Churin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Don deJuan<donjuansjiz at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 03/28/2012 12:42 AM, Ronny Karrestad wrote:
>> I had no issue installing grub2, I only noticed it was missing the fallback
>> image when I needed it as both my kernel and arch paniced on boot so was
>> going to try one of those. I ran grub-mkconfig after the install and it does
>> not find them. I just tried running os-prober and grub-mkconfig again a
>> couple hours ago with still not luck so just added them in myself. Also the
>> stated kernel panic and grub2 install did not happen at the same time I only
>> noticed it was missing due to the panic, grub2 was done each time it came
>> from the repo's that day.
>
> Can you show us output of following commands:
>
> ls /boot
> grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

ls /boot
grub                                 lost+found
initramfs-linux-fallback.img         memtest86+
initramfs-linux.img                  root
initramfs-linux-qosmio-fallback.img  vmlinuz-linux
initramfs-linux-qosmio.img           vmlinuz-linux-qosmio

Generating grub.cfg ...
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux-qosmio
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux-qosmio.img
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/os-release: No such file or directory
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
   No volume groups found
Found Windows 7 (loader) on /dev/sda1

I did not notice the grep output the other times, I think I saw
something on the boards about that.