[arch-general] Grub2

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:04:50 EDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 01:00 AM, Kirill Churin wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Don deJuan<donjuansjiz at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> ok well not obvious to me as they were there and working before grub2's most
>> recent 2 updates that came through. Now no longer, sorry if its just noise
>
> You can try to regenerate them:
> mkinitcpio -p linux
> mkinitcpio -p linux-qosmio
> grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

i did a link to /etc/arch-release and solved the grep message. I ran
mkinitcpio again like you said and still the same in boot. Neither the
arch kernel or mine is generating the fallback vmlinuz. Maybe it is a
different problem in relation to today's I think it was mkinitcpio
update. Guess mines is unrelated to OP.