[arch-general] Funny issue with bash-completion and __git_ps1

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:19:37 EDT 2012

On 03/28/2012 03:28 AM, gt wrote:
> What would you recommend instead? I too face problems time and again
> with bash-completion and would like to get rid of it. Do you have some
> special settings in your .bashrc?

No, just get rid of it. Your local bash completion will continue to work just
fine without the 'bash_completion' package. I have had nothing but strange
prompt issues with the package so I just finally removed it completely. Now
completion and prompts work normal again -- in all situations.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.