[arch-general] broken zip after upgrade

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun May 13 03:52:54 EDT 2012

Dear list,

after a whole bunch of fresh upgrades yesterday, 2012/05/12, I can not
unzip with File Roller (default app), with expanding tar.gz still working.

Here are the two error messages:

*/There is no command installed for Zip archive files.
Do you want to search for a command to open this file?/*

Then I click on search command button, it brings a new window:

*/There was an internal error trying to search for applications:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.PackageKit was not provided by any .service files/*

I have no certitude, but I suspect the outdated polkit 0.104 could be
the culprit.

There is a new 0.105 version since a few weeks on the website:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/polkit/snapshot/polkit-0.105.tar.gz

Following instructions, I was able to build it fine, but I don't want to
make install on my system, as I understand it is a good way to break it.

I decided to create a package following the Archwiki.

Here is my PKGBUILD file :

/*# $Id$
# Maintainer: Jan de Groot <jgc at archlinux.org>

pkgname=polkit
pkgver=0.105
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="Application development toolkit for controlling system-wide
privileges"
arch=(i686 x86_64)
license=('LGPL')
url="http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PolicyKit"
depends=('glib2' 'pam' 'expat')
makedepends=('intltool' 'gtk-doc' 'gobject-introspection')
replaces=('policykit')
options=('!libtool')
source=(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/polkit/snapshot/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)

md5sums=('ad070a194d444fa89f627fd54a124fad')

build() {
   cd $pkgname-$pkgver
   autoconf
   ./autogen.sh
   make
}

check() {
   cd $pkgname-$pkgver
   make -k check
}

package() {
   cd $pkgname-$pkgver
   make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install

   install -m644 "$srcdir/polkit.pam" "$pkgdir/etc/pam.d/polkit-1"
}*/

I corrected the old 0.104 one according to the new changes. I have
problem with md5sums, and have no real idea how to write the numbers.
makepkg returns an error :

/*Validating source files with md5sums...
     polkit-0.105.tar.gz ... FAILED*/

So 2 questions :
  how to deal with this md5sums error?
Once this issue is solved, can I makepkg and install on my system,
whitout breaking anything?

TY for any help.