[arch-general] Setting prefered voice for espeakup

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Wed Nov 7 16:07:12 EST 2012

Actually, I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all. I think the
problem is in the systemd service file, and it's all my fault. I see I'm
not even taking arguments from /etc/conf.d/espeakup as I should be
doing. I am a bit unsure how to take arguments from this file when
running from a systemd unit, so any patches to
/usr/lib/systemd/system/espeakup.service are definitely welcome. As this
file is Arch specific for now, patches against this file can probably be
submitted via the bug tracker. Otherwise, as I sent the original service
file to this list, I don't think there will be any problem sending
patches to it the same way. Since Tom Gundersen added my file to the
package, he is probably the best person to discuss how patches or
rewrites should be submitted. Meanwhile, I'll research how to pull
command line arguments from the config file and incorporate them into
the service, and if I can do this, I'll submit the line to add or a
patch here in this thread.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk