[arch-general] Setting prefered voice for espeakup

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Nov 7 16:26:05 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Kyle <kyle at gmx.ca> wrote:
> Actually, I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all. I think the
> problem is in the systemd service file, and it's all my fault. I see I'm not
> even taking arguments from /etc/conf.d/espeakup as I should be doing.

The current behaviour is correct. It gives a decent default. If you
want to override it you could copy the service file to
/etc/systemd/servic/ and edit it there to add whatever command line
options you want to ExecStart=.

The reason we don't want to be using /etc/conf.d/* is that it is
Arch-specific, and hopefully we will one day be using a service file
provided by upstream, which would not know anything about conf.d.
Ideally, espeakup would have its own config file where you could
specify this option, but failing that making  a copy of the service
file as I outlined above should hopefully be ok.

Cheers,

Tom