[arch-general] PowerDNS has new dependencies

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:10:07 EST 2012

Hi,

2012/11/12 Kevin Mihelich <kevin at archlinuxarm.org>:
> Is there a reason why a DNS server needs to be built against a version of
> the boost graph library, which is designed for large-scale distributed,
> parallel graph generation[1] for the high performance computing world?
>  This doesn't come across as being right to me.
> [1] http://osl.iu.edu/research/pbgl/

When building pdns, it fails, because it does not recognize boost 1.50.0.
After searching through /usr/lib with objdump, these are the libraries
that had the symbols needed to make pdns build:
-lboost_graph_parallel -lboost_serialization -lboost_program_options

Here is the bug report for pdns: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32492
And the upstream bug report: http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/ticket/612

If you don't think the current way pdns is being built is right, what
do you suggest?

--
Regards,
  Alexander Rødseth