[arch-general] LUKS, SD card reader and initramfs

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:57:03 EST 2012

On 14-11-2012 16:39, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
> I've had problems using SDcards and ext2 (data corruption), but when
> using a journaling filesystem like XFS, the problems went away.
> Related?
>
> - Alexander

Unfortunately not related. My problem happens very early during boot,
while still running from the initramfs and I don't even need to access
the card to see the problem.

Besides, I was planning to use fat32 in the card, I've read somewhere
that some cards rely on the usage of fat to be able to do some housekeeping.

--
Mauro Santos