[arch-general] File permissions with udisks/udisk2 mounts

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 16:31:38 EST 2012

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:00:20 +0000
Paul Marwick <paul.marwick at gmail.com> wrote:

> - I want to be
> able to modify things like execute permissions on mounted devices
> when I need to. I'm not all that partial to being effectively told I
> can't do that - reminds me much too much of Windows.

The need to constantly review the source to work out exactly what
polkit allows is my primary reason to disable it.

You can use udev blkid and the mount options umask and uid= and a
umount sudo wrapper.

Or just mount via a button.

You may find spacefm or udevil more configurable but I haven't had
time to look into them fully.

I'll hunt out the link to my script and udev rules if need be but I
haven't polished it for general use.