[arch-general] systemd sessions, su -l, and access to /dev/

MSal msal at tormail.org
Thu Nov 22 17:15:29 EST 2012

Hello.

I asked about this in the forum. But it looks like this is a better
place to discuss systemd-related issues.

If I login to user1 or user2 then try to play audio which requires
access to /dev/snd/* , proper access to the logged in user is set by
the session and everything works correctly.

But, if I login to user1 then su to user2, audio wouldn't work because
access permissions are assigned to the session user only (user1).

Any idea how to fix this issue?