[arch-general] Fail to run startx

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Tue Nov 27 11:06:59 EST 2012

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1.

When xstart returns:

echo $? # Will give you return value of xinit. Might not be very enlightening if 0 or -1 but it could tell you if the process has been terminated by a signal

2. Before executing xstart, type the following commands:

echo "/tmp/core.%e.%p" > /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern
ulimit -c unlimited

If your X server core dumps a core dump will be created in your tmp directory.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.