[arch-general] systemd units order

Christoph Vigano mail at cvigano.de
Mon Oct 15 14:30:17 EDT 2012

On 10/15/12 at 07:46pm, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> On 15/10/12||01:09, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
> >    On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Arno
> >    Gaboury <[1]arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >      Dear list,
> >      I automatic login with systemd. I recently added 2 services, and
> >      they
> >      start AFTER the login prompt, so I lost it. Not a big deal, as
> >      pressing
> >      <Enter> gives it back.
> >      I tried with no sucess playing with the After and Before options for
> >      one
> >      unit file (netcfg). I would like to have a clean boot but does not
> >      know
> >      how to properly set up the units orders.
> >
> >    The problem probably that these messages are printed *after* the
> >    service is fully started (they are logging messages), so the Before=
> >    and After= options are of no use there.
> >
> >    You may have better luck with the TTYPath= option. Or even adding
> >    "console=tty7" into the kernel command line.
> >
> >      Here are the unit files of the 2 services
> >      :Â [2]http://sprunge.us/ZQWD

> >    BTW, your link does not have any unit file, only a "systemd status"
> >    output.
> >
> >    --
> >
> >    Rodrigo
> >
> Sorry for the messed paste.
> The 2 units files are libvirtd.service and netcfg.service.
> I added in both files Before=getty.service
>
> Now I have the login prompt at the end. The remaining issue is I still
> have mixed in the boot list :
> No mail
> last login....
>
> I don't know how to place then at the end too, as I have no idea what
> unit print these messages.
> > References
> >
> >    1. mailto:arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
> >    2. http://sprunge.us/ZQWD

Did you set yp the automatic login according to [0]?
One note there says the following about
/etc/systemd/system/autologin at .service:

"Note: Type=simple can cause systemd boot-up messages to pollute the
login prompt."

That could be worth a check.

Links:
[0]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Automatic_login_to_virtual_console#With_systemd