[arch-general] systemd units order

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:46:01 EDT 2012

On 15/10/12||01:09, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
>    On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Arno
>    Gaboury <[1]arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Dear list,
>      I automatic login with systemd. I recently added 2 services, and
>      they
>      start AFTER the login prompt, so I lost it. Not a big deal, as
>      pressing
>      <Enter> gives it back.
>      I tried with no sucess playing with the After and Before options for
>      one
>      unit file (netcfg). I would like to have a clean boot but does not
>      know
>      how to properly set up the units orders.
>
>    The problem probably that these messages are printed *after* the
>    service is fully started (they are logging messages), so the Before=
>    and After= options are of no use there.
>
>    You may have better luck with the TTYPath= option. Or even adding
>    "console=tty7" into the kernel command line.
>
>      Here are the unit files of the 2 services
>      :Â [2]http://sprunge.us/ZQWD

>    BTW, your link does not have any unit file, only a "systemd status"
>    output.
>
>    --
>
>    Rodrigo

Sorry for the messed paste.
The 2 units files are libvirtd.service and netcfg.service.
I added in both files Before=getty.service

Now I have the login prompt at the end. The remaining issue is I still
have mixed in the boot list :
No mail
last login....

I don't know how to place then at the end too, as I have no idea what
unit print these messages.