[arch-general] system locale messages readable only on tty1 !

jambov jambov1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 06:20:20 EDT 2012

Here is what I uncommented in /etc/locale.gen:
bg_BG CP1251

/etc/vconsole.conf:
KEYMAP=bg-cp1251
FONT=Cyr_a8x16
FONT_MAP=cp1251

/etc/locale.conf:
LANG="bg_BG.CP1251"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_TIME="bg_BG.CP1251"

I ran locale-gen and locale -a as root. And after these steps I have
readable cyrillic characters on tty1, and on all other ttys (tty2-6) I see
non-readable symbols. I discovered that running systemd-vconsole-setup on
every particular tty fixes the problem, but is there a way to avoid this, or
at least do something automatically through startup scripts for all the ttys
?