[arch-general] Porque systemd? :-)

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Oct 16 11:16:04 EDT 2012

I haven't been diligently following the mailing list, so perhaps I
missed this.  But given the recent "systemd is now the default on new
installations" announcement, I'm wondering:  what's the reasons for Arch
making systemd the default going forward?  The systemd wiki page gives a
lot of technical information, but doesn't really clarify any of the
motivations behind the move.

Note: this msg is not any criticism of the Arch devs (I haven't yet
formed *any* opinion on systemd), or intended to start a flamewar about
the pros and cons of the switch.  So just a simple RTFM response like
"see this mailing list thread for background" would be perfect.

Thanks,

DR