[arch-general] Porque systemd? :-)

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 16 11:40:15 EDT 2012

[2012-10-16 11:16:04 -0400] David Rosenstrauch:
> I haven't been diligently following the mailing list, so perhaps I
> missed this.  But given the recent "systemd is now the default on
> new installations" announcement, I'm wondering:  what's the reasons
> for Arch making systemd the default going forward?

This has been discussed countless times on arch-general and the BBS, not
always constructively (hence why the moderation), but there are were
some very informative posts, particularly from Tom Gundersen, such as:

	https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1149530#p1149530

See also the thread starting there for the "official" discussion:

	https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-August/023389.html

--
Gaetan