[arch-general] pambase and LDAP

Thiago Kenji Okada thiago.mast3r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:39:22 EDT 2012

I am trying to figure the best way to do LDAP authentication (using a
customized version of nss-pam-ldapd from AUR) on my laboratory, but I am
having some problems. Since Arch now have a pambase package that should be
imported on every pam configuration files (instead to relly on using old
*.so for which authentication module) but this is not what is happening: as
far I know, KDE (and KDM) is the only package that really uses pambase
configuration files. I don't think that the best way to resolve this is to
put pam_ldap.so in every service that I need, so what should I do:

-Import system-auth, system-login or system-local-login on every service
that I need (and remove old and redundant *.so modules).
-Just add pam_ldap.so on every service that I need.

--
Thiago Kenji Okada <thiago.mast3r at gmail.com>
PGP Key: EEC09705