[arch-general] Sticky keys and gaming

Rafael Beraldo rberaldo at cabaladada.org
Thu Oct 25 14:46:00 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I don't play very often but when I do, I get sticky keys. By sticky keys I
mean that after about
half an hour playing, when I stop pressing, say, ‘w’, the character
continues walking forward.
I first noticed that playing Minecraft and thought the issue was related to
Java. A quick
search [0,1] supported that theory.

However yesterday I was playing Counter Strike 1.6 on wine and, after a
while, I noticed I'd
continue walking forward even after I'd stopped pressing ‘w’, so I thought
I'd drop an email
here and see if anybody else has had that kind of issue.

I had this problem running both Fluxbox and i3. I think that's not related,
but I run setxkbmap us
intl every time I go to either window manager.

Thanks for your time,

[0]:
https://www.google.com.br/search?q=sticky+keys+minecraft+linux&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
[1]: http://duckduckgo.com/?q=sticky+keys+minecraft+linux